Special Education Department
Individualized Education Plans
Some of our students experience various challenges that can interfere with their education, and as we are able to systematically identify students with exceptionalities, the number of students accessing special services continues to expand. These students may require additional time, customized teaching methods, and/or therapies to assist them with accessing grade level content. In order to close the achievement gap, our teams work collaboratively with families to provide individualized education plans that meet each student’s unique needs.
Support and Services
- Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Social Work, Vision, Hearing, and Mobility Services
- Diagnostic Services including Psychoeducational Assessments
- Special Education services from Kindergarten through Transition
- Professional development, training, and resources
- Educational, curricular, and technology consultation and support
Our Core Values
- Provide quality services with high expectations
- Deliver meaningful and differentiated support and networking opportunities for families
- Inspire innovation, excellence and forward thinking practices among our staff
- Foster a collaborative, flexible approach to maintain quality supports for all students
- Embrace and support students and their families throughout the educational experience to best prepare for post-secondary, transition and adult life
For more information about special services in the Pea Ridge School District, please contact the administrator(s) at your student’s school.
Arkansas Child Find
Some children need help walking, talking, seeing, hearing, or learning. If you feel your child needs help, contact your local school. Special education services are available to all eligible children, including children who are highly mobile, homeless, or wards of the State. Early detection is the key to helping your child get off to a good start. Getting help today will prepare your child for future success. Arkansas Child Find can help.
Staff and Counselors
School Psychology Specialist
979 Weston Pea Ridge, Arkansas 72751
Monday - Thursday: 7:30-4:00
Pea Ridge School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin or disability in any of its policies, practices or procedures.