- The 2021-2022 academic calendar can be found on our website (under the “our district” drop down) or click the link below! We hope you are all gearing up for a wonderful summer break!
- Through a partnership with Tyson Foods and Pea Ridge School District Wellness Committee, we will have a free food drive through at Pea Ridge High School Monday May 24th at 10:00!
- Virtual Program device return is coming up at the end of the month! View the flyer below for information.
Junior High School
- Mark your calendars! On Tuesday, May 25 and Wednesday, May 26, all ONSITE PRJH students will take an end of semester exam in each of their classes. These exams provide students with the opportunity to show mastery of their class standards.
- For all 9th grade students, and 8th grade students in high school credit-bearing courses, the semester exam is worth 10% of their final semester grade. All 8th and 9th grade students who have an A in a high school credit-bearing course are considered exempt from the semester exam in that course. For all 7th and 8th grade students, the semester exam is considered a regular assessment grade. No 7th or 8th grade students are considered exempt from the exam, unless it is for a credit-bearing course and your semester grade is an A.
- If students are unable to be present at school on May 25 or May 26 to take their semester exams, students are responsible for contacting teachers. Students may either take the exam early, or take the exam virtually on the day of the exam. It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements with their teacher for either option. If students do not take the exam, they will earn a 0.
- We look forward to giving students the opportunity to showcase their knowledge of each course they have taken this year.
- Our last Blackhawk Bulletin of the year can be found here: smore.com/gmv4b. We celebrate Mrs. Klotz and our students! The bulletin also includes the 2021-2022 Academic Calendar so you can plan ahead for next year! Thank you to our middle school families for your partnership and support during this exceptional year!
Intermediate and Primary School
- Due to weather Field Day has been moved to Monday!!!! Thank you for understanding!
We are so excited to share our upcoming graduation ceremony with you. Our graduation ceremonies will take place on Wednesday, May 26th. The Navigator Pod (Ms. Clark, Mrs. Schroeder, Mrs. Crook, and Mrs. Wells) ceremony will begin at 8:30 am in the JR. High gym. The Explorer Pod (Mrs. Shackelford, Mrs. Bounds, Mrs. Claytor, and Mrs. Wilkins) ceremony will begin at 10:30 am in the JR High gym.
On the 26th, students will come to school like it is a regular school day. It is extremely important that they arrive at school on time. They do not need to bring anything with them. If your child forgets and brings something with him/her, you can pick it up at the Primary school office, after graduation. Students will leave with parents after the ceremony.
For the safety of our students and to follow compliance of CDC guidelines, the following procedures will be implemented :
- Each student will receive 4 colored tickets for graduation. Each person entering the gym will need to have a ticket (this includes children).
- Bleacher sections in the gym will be divided by colors.
- This is to help with social distancing.
- Please sit in the bleacher section that matches the color of your child’s ticket.
- Due to Covid restrictions, families must remain in the bleachers during the ceremony. Only students and school faculty are allowed on the floor of the gym.
- After the ceremony, we will ask for all family members, except the parent with the exit ticket, to leave the gym and meet outside.
- EXIT Tickets: Students will receive one exit ticket to be used during dismissal. When the ceremony is over, families will be called by section to pick up students.
- When your section is called please send one adult, with the exit ticket, to pick your child up from his/her teacher. All other adults must exit the gym.
- Students will not be released without this exit ticket.This is a great time for the parent to take a picture of your student with their teacher.
- Once parents have your child in hand, please move outside the building to take family pictures.
If you have any questions about graduation day, please reach out to your child’s teacher.
Thank you for helping us have a fun and safe graduation!
Mrs. Hager and The Kindergarten Team