- Families, please continue to report positive COVID cases of children in the district. By remaining diligent, we can decline the need to go virtual for entire buildings and grade levels and most importantly, we can ensure better safety for our students and staff. Cases can be reported HERE.
- As a reminder, below are our current quarantine guidelines as recommended by the Arkansas Department of Health. Please remember, if you choose to have your student tested and they are able to return on the 8th day with a negative test result, please send a copy of the negative result to the school. This can be sent with your student or via email.
- Quarantine can end after Day 10 (i.e. Return on Day 11) without testing and if no symptoms have been reported during daily monitoring.
- Quarantine can end after Day 7 (i.e. Return on Day 8) if a close contact tests negative (“send-off” PCR preferred but rapid acceptable) and if no symptoms were reported during daily monitoring. The specimen may be collected no sooner than a full 5 days after exposure, but quarantine cannot be discontinued earlier than after Day 7. Must bring a copy of the negative test upon return to school.
- If at any time someone in quarantine as a close contact develops symptoms of COVID-19, they should immediately isolate and get tested for COVID-19 (even if they previously had a negative test during this quarantine).
- We emphasize that the above two options only apply to those who have no symptoms.
- Community Clinic Pea Ridge has transportation available for students! When you call to make your appointment, let our office know your student needs the shuttle service and we can connect with their school! Click here for a quick video and click here for the Community Clinic Student Services Sheet.
- Pea Ridge school district is going RED! Let’s show our support by all wearing RED on Friday, February 5th. February is American Heart disease awareness month.
- This week is National Counselor Week! Be sure to show your appreciation to all of our great counselors this week!
- Pre-K and Kindergarten Intent to Enroll is opening February 3rd. Check out the Pre-K and Kindergarten instructional videos and view the flyer below for more information!
- Our High School was recently featured in the @Arkansas Democrat Gazette! We love this feature about the work we are doing to invest in Pea Ridge student’s post graduation success: http://www.epageflip.net/i/1321225-the-future-is-here
- Yearbooks can be purchased for $50 at yearbookforever.com. (Or your student can pay with a check at the high school, room 201) Don’t miss out. We sold out last year!
- Sports physicals for $10! Click here to download and complete the AAA form and call 479-488-3003 to schedule your appointment with Community Clinic Pea Ridge located in the high school! With parent permission, students can come independently to their appointment.
- This year the Pea Ridge Performing Arts Program will be performing a live broadcast of “War of the Worlds” by Orson Wells in our new Performing Arts Center. Although we cannot sell tickets due to COVID, we will be live streaming our performance on YouTube so others may enjoy from the safety of their homes. We hope you all can join us for our show on February 11 at 6pm.
- eSports is coming to PRHS in February! If you’re interested in being on the team, check out this flyer!
- February 5th is National Wear Red Day. Join us in wearing your RED to raise awareness about heart disease.
- Sports physicals for $10! Click here to download and complete the AAA form and call 479-488-3003 to schedule your appointment with Community Clinic Pea Ridge located in the high school! With parent permission, students can come independently to their appointment. We also provide transportation to shuttle students to and from their appointments!
- The Junior High Pod Squad has released their third podcast. Click the link to listen!
- McDonald Family Fundraiser – Want to see your teachers get a pie in the face? PRHJ is raising money for the McDonald family! Voting jars will be placed in your English teachers’ classrooms.
7th Grade Teachers eligible to be pied- Althage, Bennett, Brown Hubanks, Fletcher
8th Grade Teachers eligible to be pied- Anderson, Myers, Turner, Woollard
9th Grade Teachers eligible to be pied- Edwards, Kordsmeier, Pina
The 7th, 8th, and 9th-grade teacher with the most amount of money in the jar will be pied on Feb. 2. If you donate $5 or more your name will be entered into a drawing for a chance to be the student who gets to pie the teacher in the face!
- Our newest Blackhawk Bulletin is live! Check it out at: smore.com/aq5kx
- BlackHawk Friday is coming up on February 5th. View the flyer below for details!