Community Clinic Pea Ridge
Pea Ridge Cheer
The Pea Ridge Cheerleading Organization gives a huge THANK YOU to all of the coaches, athletes, and Pea Ridge Community members for an AWESOME Blackhawk Pride Night!
2021 Fall Mini Cheerleader Clinic will take place from September 20th – September 24th. This event is held at the Primary Gym after school from 3:30 – 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday, and the halftime performance at the football game on Friday. The event is $40 per student. Information on sign-ups coming soon, so stay tuned!
An early reminder to mark your calendars: there are no classes on Labor Day (9/6)!
Here are some highlight photos of our students getting creative this week:
- Ms. Payne’s class had a blast making some terrific line monsters:
- Mrs. Schroeder’s class was hard at work learning to be a Bunny Good Listener:
- And Ms. Keeland’s class ADORED having the Blackhawk football players visit to read stories:
Our students knocked it out of the park with creativity this week!
- Mrs. Butler and Mrs. Hanna’s class went outside and collected data using the cars in our parking lots to make bar graphs:
- And here are just a handful of the truly wonderful dogs drawn by classes this week. Here’s the Pea Ridge Intermediate School Kennel:
Junior High School
Check out some highlights from our Science classes!
- Mrs. Bennett kicked off Science classes with lab stations to create an atmosphere for collaboration, questioning techniques, and higher-level thinking:
- And Mr. Hurt’s students hand fun with hands-on experiments:
Our students have hit the ground running with flying colors!
- Ms. Masotto captured pictures of students working hard all week in preparation for their first writing assignment, a summary over our informational text about westward expansion:
- And, in a bit of a throwback to last week, here are some amazing pictures of Mrs. Cawley’s 5th grade Literacy class posing as a character from “Thank You, Mr. Falker”:
Important PSAT/NMSQT Information
On October 13th, Pea Ridge High School will administer the PSAT/NMSQT, an exam that is co-sponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation. This exam serves as an entry point for high school juniors to over $300 million in scholarship dollars. All sophomores take the exam, but only juniors are eligible for the scholarships and have the option to register.
You can read more about the National Merit Scholarship Program here. The PSAT assesses the same knowledge and skills as the SAT, providing a check-in on college readiness before you take the SAT. Although Arkansas colleges and universities require the ACT, many out-of-state schools require students to take the SAT for admission.
Please review the attached information and, if interested, complete this form and submit your $17 exam fee to Mrs. Spivey in the front office before Friday, September 10.
The Spanker Creek Crafts Fair
The Crafts Fair is coming up October 13- 17. Every year the junior class is responsible for raising money to pay for prom. This is our biggest fundraiser each year.
Volunteering for this event is a great way to earn credits toward your class dues (normally $30) and, if you volunteer enough hours, prom tickets could also be discounted or completely paid for!
Parents/Guardians may also volunteer to earn credits for their child. Complete this form to express interest or contact Ms. McWilliams, Mrs. Staats, or Mr. Carreira for more information.
- Here are some pictures of the Blackhawks preparing to face the Shiloh Saints on Friday:
We want to hear from YOU!
As always, we value your input. If you have a minute, please consider providing feedback: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9-Pzf4bPVqk_eeASiancD9FJ0qL-oEMCoG71DaebLRbHdWg/viewform?gxids=7628.
Thanks for another amazing week at Pea Ridge! Be sure to check your building’s Facebook page for more pictures!