Happy October, Pea Ridge! We continue to be blown away by the creativity and can-do spirit of our awesome students. October is full of a lot of fun and important events and happenings that we’re pretty excited about!
- Our Pea Ridge Flu Clinic is around the corner! Each October, Pea Ridge School District partners with local health offices to provide a Flu Shot Clinic for our students and staff. This is a way to provide the Flu shot without the extra hassle of missing work or school! The Arkansas Department of Health Staff along with school nurses and volunteers will visit each building in the district all day on October 12. This clinic is open to all students and staff who have returned the appropriate documentation to their school.
- Parenting Series with Ozark Guidance
Coming up is the 2nd of six (Pre-K -12) virtual parent nights with Ozark Guidance: “Child Development: Changes vs. Red Flags” Tuesday, October 12th, 6:00-7:00 p.m. on Zoom.Here is a link to details and registration links or QR codes, plus you’ll find a brief overview video on our social media for re-posting: https://docs.google.com/…/1OEhRjLlYdT1elin2mTxKRAF…/editThese are free events! Anyone and everyone is welcome – live or later: Just register to receive a link to join live and we’ll also send all registrants the materials and a recording.
- A new month means a new Blackhawk Flyer! You can find the October Blackhawk Flyer at this link: https://www.smore.com/1mh2a-the-blackhawk-flyer?fbclid=IwAR1Zc9TrriOsY5FHfpY9Tld5MsnopfnzuncBploEDLsYZlFFJdekFREsPV0
- Spirit Week is next week!!! We are having a little competition with the Intermediate building on who has the most Blackhawk spirit. Let’s show ALL our school spirit Friday, October 8th.
- Blackhawk Readers! Get excited! We are having a BOOK FAIR! October 11-14th! And here is the most exciting part…families can come shop with us after school each day and during Parent/Teacher Conferences! Stay tuned for more details! https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=pearidgeprimaryschool1&fbclid=IwAR0iqeNO2BMMdAlaJ2mfjGDnTBeCIW0nMttGJSgailEe2n_MytSiHL-Pybg
- Please note: the PTO Meeting has been rescheduled! See new date and information below:
If you ordered t-shirts, the order has been placed with the company and should hopefully ship this week if they haven’t shipped already!
Spirit Week at PRIS is here! See the full schedule below:
Picture day is just around the corner!
- Spirit Week is here! Check out the week’s schedule to plan your outfits:
- Book Fair! On October 11th-14th, the middle school library will be hosting a book fair! Students will be able to purchase books and items before school, during their auxiliary classes, and during WIN time. Parents will also be able to visit the book fair during parent-teacher conferences on October 11th and 13th. Here is our official book fair website for more information: https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=pearidgemiddleschool&fbclid=IwAR16BfR3J3E7sjaewObtHyPrS0_NoB5f9gLjTxH2T0pX0sj3lJP4YhzTCDs
Junior High School
- Picture Day is coming up on October 6th. The Junior High picture ID to order online is EVTVQK7HW and you can place orders on https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/ . Virtual students will take pictures from 8:00-8:45 am and on-site student pictures will start at 9:00 am.
- Yearbooks are on sale! To order, go to yearbookforever.com and search for Pea Ridge Junior High. The deadline to order is February 1st. They are $35 if you order on or before October 31st and $40 November 1st through February 1st.
- We will be having our own Homecoming celebration this year! Our dress-up days are: 10/4-Decades Day, 10/5-Twin Day, 10/6-Jersey Day, 10/7-Frat/Sorority Day, 10/8-Spirit Day. On Homecoming day, we will be having activities on and around the football field. Concessions will be sold after lunch and all items will be $1.
Blackhawk Pennant Flags for Sale! Express your Blackhawk Pride for Homecoming with these charming, handmade pennant flags:
Large Flags $3.00
Small Flags $2.00
Order using this handy Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenmlm-GEES5rkRpzC6GoliimbUXUAEYNEg_GU1tpRPXOHR1g/viewform?fbclid=IwAR1Uoat7Sy4MPkSyL-Vc-xBI3mBKAk_3RCdZEXOWDLs1gnwfUxE-7O-_CwI
You will be contacted when your order is ready. If you work at Pea Ridge Schools, we can deliver them to you. If you have a student who attends the Junior High, he or she can pick up the order when it is ready. For all other orders, we will contact you to arrange delivery or pick-up. Product is limited, so order before they are all gone!
The students in Ms. Davis’s Vocational Class at the Junior High have designed and made pennant flags as part of their learning about businesses. The funds raised will go to support further learning opportunities.
- SOAR ACT STUDY PREP
SOAR is providing additional study sessions in October to help students prepare for the next ACT! See dates and times below:
PRHS Homecoming Tailgating Schedule
- The flu shot clinic is scheduled for Tuesday, October 12th. The flu consent forms will be passed out through the English Dept. or they are available at the school nurse office. Please return the consent forms to the school nurse by Oct 8, 2021. We will not be able to administer the vaccine to your student until all forms are completed and returned. There are two separate forms: Arkansas Department of Health form (fill out front and back and sign) and Pea Ridge School District form ( front only, sign).
Please note: We will only be offering the flu shot. If you wish for your student to have the flu mist, you will need to arrange a separate appointment with the Health Department or their primary care provider. We will not be administering the mist at our district flu shot clinic. If you have any questions, you may contact your student’s school nurse.
The Spanker Creek Crafts Fair The Spanker Creek Crafts Fair is coming up October 13 – 17. Every year the junior class is responsible for raising money to pay for prom. This is our biggest fundraiser each year. Volunteering for this event is a great way to earn credits toward your class dues (normally $30) and if you volunteer enough hours, prom tickets could also be discounted or completely paid for. Parents/Guardians may also volunteer to earn credits for their child. Complete this form to express interest or contact Ms. McWilliams, Mrs. Staats, or Mr. Carreira for more information
We want to hear from YOU!
As always, we value your input. If you have a minute, please consider providing feedback: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9-Pzf4bPVqk_eeASiancD9FJ0qL-oEMCoG71DaebLRbHdWg/viewform?gxids=7628.
Have a great first week of October, Blackhawks!